Monday, March 5, 2012

Do You Ever Hear Your Life Whispering to You?


Do You Ever Hear Your Life Whispering to You?


This week, while reading an internal memo posted from my employer, I felt a whisper.  It was odd, because usually you hear a whisper.  But this was a feeling, as if I should be doing something about this.  I contemplated over what was the best thing to do about it, but I had some significant fears and anxieties in doing so.  Ultimately, I overcame them and great things are coming as a result!


The "I Don't Buy Green Bananas Anymore" philosophy was in my mind when I was deliberating over what to do.  I felt a whisper and I just knew in my heart that I had to act upon it.  The "philosophy" of this blog is-why wait?  Why should I wait, worry, wait some more, worry some more?  I felt compelled to do something and I did it and I am so glad I did.


But it's not to say that I made careless and impulsive decisions.  Quite the opposite.  My decisions were strategic and calculated.  While I perceived it as a risk, it was a calculated risk which I made with confidence.


When I went through genetic testing, I can say the same thing about the same process.  While the genetic testing was the most anxious and fearful time in my life, it was those decisions and actions that are allowing me to continually overcome my fears and anxieties today.   I used the same process this week as I did when I was getting tested.  Getting through that time period in my life has allowed me to say that I realize the whispers that I feel in my life are taking me on a journey, not a destination. I am winning, but have not won.  There are victories, but no conclusion.


What I mean by that is that life is constantly throwing whispers to us. There was a time in my life where my fear and anxiety was so high, that now I wonder how many whispers I missed because I was too preoccupied to feel them?   I feel these whispers are my connection to God.  But whatever your  faith or belief, I believe these whispers are from God.  What is he trying to say to you?  Sometimes I just wish he would SPEAK UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment